If you’ve suddenly found out that you’ll have to sell your home in a hurry, don’t panic. While you won’t have time to do some serious renovating, there are still plenty of things you can do to make sure you’re home is prepared for buyers.
Use the following tips to get a home ready for sale in 30 days:
- Start with the exterior. Curb appeal is everything when you’re selling your home. Make sure your front yard looks its best by getting rid of weeds, planting flowers and mowing the lawn. As for your house, give the exterior some fresh paint and new hardware. Pressure wash it as well to make it look as clean as possible.
- Do small repairs. Fix broken tiles, replace screens with tears in them and take care of any other minor repairs that are needed. Check all of the lights in your home to make sure they work, and replace bulbs as needed. Do routine maintenance on your home as well, such as replacing HVAC filters.
- Fix up your kitchen and bathrooms. Paint the cabinets, make sure your appliances are coordinated in terms of appearance and replace or refinish the countertops if they’re worn. Clean the grout between tiles in your kitchen and bathrooms, and consider replacing the sinks, toilets and other plumbing fixtures it they’re outdated.
- Remove personal items and collectibles. Put these in boxes, and make your home appear as tidy and clutter-free as possible.
- Focus on neutral colors. Paint and decorate interior rooms in neutral tones, such as beige, white or light gray, to make your home more inviting. Stay away from bold colors.
Sponsor article courtesy of ERA Real Estate